Top Banana, a mannequin and several same-size pineapples
I have had many requests for the ‘recipe’ for Conrad’s Birthday Pineapple Tree that I posted on Instagram a couple of weeks ago. So, here it is, in the words of Claire, our Top Banana, who made it…
“It’s never predictable working for India; anything might come up – on any day. When I was thrust a picture of a pineapple tree that she had spotted on Pinterest, I realized that I was going to have to get creative…. again.
– You need to balance and fix several same-size pineapples on top of each other. (If you live on a small island with only tiny, poorly stocked food markets – you are in trouble…. You’re gonna have to visit all of them.)
– When you have carefully balanced them on kebab sticks and a small breeze from an open window blows them over on to the floor – don’t give up
– Discover if any of them are broken. No? Shame, less pina colada. Try again with something better to fix it.
– Got an old wire mannequin sitting around in the store room? You have? Great – you’re saved. Use it to prop up the tall wobbling edifice.
– Add your own palm fronds and decorate below with fresh pineapple fruit
– Take it out to your beach party and let India accept all the compliments…”